So, today’s homework from the Outpatient program included a list of 200 values with the task to pick your top 10. YIKES! How about 50, or 25 even?
All of these 200 values are good virtues, and all of them play a role in our lives, but which 10 lead your life right now? Who are you, and what defines you right now in your life?
This was a much needed exercise for me, since I keep asking “Who the bleep am I anyway?” as I peel back the layers behind ‘pastor’ to find out who lies beneath.
Besides picking 10, we also had to rank them from 1 to 10. And pick 2 to turn into concrete actions. Here is my list:
- Health: To be physically and mentally well and healthy
- Growth: To keep changing and growing as a person
- Spirituality: To grow spiritually
- Balance: To live a balanced life
- Inner Peace: To experience inner sense of calm
- Beauty: To appreciate beauty around me
- Wealth: To have enough money to pay bills and give generously
- Justice: To promote equal and fair treatment for all
- Compassion: To feel and show concern for others
- Friends: To have close, supportive friends
- Purpose: To have meaning and direction in life
- Creativity: To create and take part in the arts
Yes, I couldn’t keep it to 10. Are you surprised?